Sunday, March 10, 2019

EthiCat- Factory off-cuts

So I did not get the job to coordinate textile charity projects-- and yes the lease extension will cost 40K plus fees on both sides, just when I would have wished to dent my mortgage...

however, there is always more to look forward to and enjoy, like making the new SUEME gilet with wool off-cuts picked up from Tottenham factory in 2015 after Echoic mini production..


And when good friend asks why I make the gilet myself I ask: who is going to cut small pieces? Factories like to lay the whole length, and who will match the checks?
Plus I love the traditional hand making process mixing UK wool and Millerain to create a hybrid modern yet vintage looking over garment to satisfy active men on the go, yet stylish... leisurewear revisited...
Team work at creative SUEME studio: Hand processed Gilet

1 comment:

  1. So slow tailoring couture bespoke made to measure is the good life
    http://bit.ly/2TsHdlr

    ReplyDelete

The Human Touch

  A Stitchuation not to be missed... As the moon gently passes behind our earth this morning, to momentarily disappear from the sun rays, as...