Saturday, March 28, 2020

Visitors of the Sky

So today 28 March 2020 at home since Wrapping up Affix Collection FRIDAY 13, 2 weeks into confinement,
Home welcoming a do over, first curtains washed and ironed, changed in bedroom,
All clothes regularly washed, 
Currently providing much needed agencement of interior purpose to be geared towards comfortable working condition, relaxation and readiness in case of desperate measures.

With a bike am able to quickly check shop conditions and use them when least busy.

When listening to radio only allowing segments for news, otherwise ongoing looping seems like the world is coming to an end.

Also monitoring the ins and outs of upstairs two neighbours, as hall narrow and they are out most of the days, a 72 year old leaving around 4am and returning after 6pm, been a great mystery all these years since 2002, not that I need to know, just difficult when woken up at 4 by the smell of a freshly lit cigarette outside my bedroom side ventilation system, and the voice ordering what might be a taxi...
For this weekend decided to taper my front door draft areas and the ventilation onto the street, this past few weeks waited three hours before using the hall after someone left or entered.
I read about the lasting effect of the virus lingering in the air or surfaces and being alone with no family, relying on my freelance work only, am used to protect myself physically even in normal circumstances, and can catch the odd cold when in contact with others, such as in the tube, a library or sharing a workspace.

Two guies had a cough at work, and I knew I could not get sick being the only pattern cutter having to finish the collection, so put up a real defense mechanism in place but found weekends a real blessing to get my tired self back in place.

Monday I transformed my heavenly small back garden into a resting are, and am thankful for the bright sunshine, the wonderful neighbours and the patch of earth I can tend to, when confined at home. Also immensely thankful for having a home of my own - although at great emotional cost - and grateful that it gives me a chance to be able to put measures in place for society to get better, not that one person makes that much of a difference in the scale of things, still, am able to implement expected safety guidances and for that am very thankful.

I did kind of catch the guies cold which only emerges when I am too tired, some nights can be shortened by upstairs nocturnal leaving of the house, but am feeling ok and able to put the house right after years of rushing in and out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Human Touch

  A Stitchuation not to be missed... As the moon gently passes behind our earth this morning, to momentarily disappear from the sun rays, as...